2015-2016 Financial Report
Summary Report to Parish
The operating budget for the fiscal year 2015-2016 ended with a surplus of $81,222. This surplus was rolled over into the 2016-2017 fiscal year, giving the parish a cash-on-hand balance of $142,338.
- It should be noted that $113,752 came from gifts and bequests to Saint Rose of Lima.
- The average monthly e-giving contribution was $4,908.
- The average weekly offertory (including Holy Day collections) was $14,333. The Christmas collection was $39,745 and the Easter collection was $19,437.
- Profits from scrip sales played a significant part in the financial success of the Parish in the 2015-2016 fiscal year. The profit from this fiscal year was $27,673. That total was $4,703 less than the previous fiscal year.
- The 2015 Lenten Appeal assessment was $107,100. Parishioners paid $106,617. The shortfall of $483 was paid from other parish funds.
- The Parish debt total from existing loans from the Diocese was $281,636 at the beginning of the fiscal year and $239,803 at the end of that year. The reduction in debt was due to the generous support of the parishioners each month.
- Total funds in savings accounts and cash on-hand are $1,318,654. Of this total, $1,172,841 is being held in the capital campaign fund account.
Subsidies from Church Funds:
- York Catholic High School - $122,784
- St. Rose of Lima School - $299,386
- St. Rose of Lima Religious Ed. – $23,745
- York Hospital Chaplain – $12,593
Several maintenance projects were begun in the 2015-2016 fiscal year. These projects are being funded, in part, from the profit of the seafood dinners and 300 club ticket sales. Due to your participation we have completed the following projects:
- Installed emergency lighting and exit signs in the Parish Center.
- Replaced carpeting in the former convent.
- Replaced the hot water heaters in the church and parish center.
- Replaced hot water recirculation pump in former convent.
- Installed heater in parish center women’s bathroom.
- Replaced the hot water heater in the school.
- Replaced church breezeway roof.
- Replaced parish office air conditioner.
- Active families registered = 856
- Average number of envelopes used each week = 339
- Number of registered children = 420