2016-2017 Financial Report
Summary Report to Parish
- The operating budget for the fiscal year 2015-2016 ended with a surplus of $114,803. This surplus was rolled over into the 2016-2017 fiscal year, giving the parish an ending cash-on-hand balance of $257,138.
- It should be noted that $277,358 came from gifts and bequests to Saint Rose of Lima. Without these generous gifts the parish would have ended the year with a deficit of $20,200.
- The average monthly e-giving contribution was $4,517.
- The average weekly offertory (including Holy Day collections) was $14,524. The Christmas collection was $35,087 and the Easter collection was $24,399.
- Profits from scrip sales played a significant part in the financial success of the Parish in the 2016-2017 fiscal year. The profit from this fiscal year was $24,292. That total was $3,381 less than the previous fiscal year.
- The 2017 Lenten Appeal assessment was $109,500. Parishioners paid $104,087. The shortfall of $5,413 was paid from other parish funds.
- The Parish debt total from existing loans from the Diocese was $239,803 at the beginning of the fiscal year and $211,459 at the end of that year. The reduction in debt was due to the generous support of the parishioners each month.
- Total funds in savings accounts and cash on-hand are $1,672,592. Of this total, $1,197,650 is being held in the Building & Capital Improvement funds account and their use is restricted.
Church Funds allocated to the following obligations:
- York Catholic High School - $120,328
- St. Rose of Lima School - $302,080
- St. Rose of Lima Religious Ed. - $28,741
- York Hospital Chaplain - $11,539
Several maintenance projects were begun in the 2015-2016 fiscal year with an estimated cost of $22,000. These projects were funded, in part, from the profit of the seafood dinners, 300 club ticket sales and a bequest from the Dorothy Gladfelter estate. Due to your participation we have completed the following projects:
- Purchased a new stove and three fryers for the Parish Hall kitchen
- Repaired spouting on the Rectory
- Replaced the Parish Hall kitchen floor
- Replaced an interior wall panel in the Parish Hall kitchen
- Replaced the grease traps in the Parish Hall kitchen
- Replaced the sidewalk into the Parish office
- Replaced the water service pipes into the Rectory
- Replaced the rear door to the Rectory
- Painted several interior walls in the Rectory
- Active families registered = 728
- Average number of envelopes used each week = 328
- Number of registered children = 402