2017-2018 Financial Report
Click here for the Financial Information
- The operating budget for the fiscal year 2017-2018 ended with a deficit of $19,891. This shortfall was covered by our cash on hand.
- The average monthly e-giving contribution was $6,094. The online monthly donations this fiscal year were $1,577 higher than the previous fiscal year.
- The average weekly offertory (including Holy Day collections) was $14,868. The Christmas collection was $29,749.00 and the Easter collection was $16,099.00
- Profits from scrip sales played a significant part in the financial success of the Parish in the 2017-2018 fiscal year. The profit from this fiscal year was $22,097. That total was $2,195 less than the previous fiscal year.
- The 2017 Lenten Appeal assessment was $106,200. Parishioners paid $111,457. The surplus of $6,257 was returned to the parish.
- The Parish debt total from existing loans from the Diocese was $211,559 at the beginning of the fiscal year and $164,035 at the end of that year. The reduction in debt was due to the generous support of the parishioners each month.
- Total funds in savings accounts and cash on-hand are $1,440,290. Of this total, $1,197,495 is being held in the Building & Capital Improvement funds account and their use is restricted. In 2017-2018 $17,005 in donations to the Building & Capital Improvement fund were returned to the donors.
- Chromebook computers were purchased for the school. This expense was covered by a generous donation.
Church Funds allocated to the following obligations:
- York Catholic High School - $117,922
- St. Rose of Lima School - $317,062
- St. Rose of Lima Religious Ed. – $28,900
- York Hospital Chaplain – $13,521
Several maintenance projects were begun in the 2017-2018 fiscal year with an estimated cost of $67,089. These projects were funded, in part, from the profit of the seafood dinners, 300 club ticket sale profit, donation from the Knights of Columbus and a bequest from the Dorothy Gladfelter estate. Due to your participation we have completed the following projects:
- Painted the exterior trim on the Rectory
- Painted the Parish Hall dining room floor
- Repaired spouting on the Rectory
- Replaced the Parish Hall kitchen stove and fryers.
- Replaced school intercom system (cost covered by insurance)
- Repaired coping on Parish Hall roof
- Repaired Parish Hall ceiling in two classrooms
- Added several CCTV cameras to parish campus locations
- Refurbished hardwood floors in Rectory
- Replaced office telephone system
- Install wireless network system in Parish Hall classrooms
- Active families registered = 717
- Average number of envelopes used each week = 356
- Number of registered children = 285