July 16, 2020
Governor Wolf has responded to the uptick of COVID-19 cases in the Commonwealth with restrictions placed on dining facilities, bars, and workplaces. Church spaces remain exempt from the Governor's directive limiting the gathering of persons indoors and outdoors.
Because of our vigilant approach to social distancing, wearing masks, and sanitization, there is no change in our current directives regarding the use of our churches and public worship at this time. Please continue to exercise great care in following the norms laid out in the directives for the Diocese of Harrisburg. For information on the steps we are taking, please see the announcements below.
- Confessions are now being heard at the church, in the confessional. Adequate ventilation and spacing will be provided, and all touched surfaces will be sanitized between each person.
- In order to provide adequate social distancing, every other pew has been taped off. Lines indicating a 6-foot space have been taped onto the pews that are open. Each individual or family should use these lines to maintain distance from others.
- Everyone entering the church must wear a face mask and maintain social distancing at all times. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances and we have a limited number of masks for those who need them, but we ask you to please bring your own.
- The church must be cleaned after each Mass. We will use light soap and water to wipe down every pew and disinfecting wipes on other surfaces, such as door handles. If you are interested in volunteering to help clean, please call the parish office at 717-846-4935.
- Our parish office is open from 8:30am-3:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; 8:30am-7pm on Wednesday; and 8:30am-noon on Friday. Please remember to wear a mask before entering the office.
- We will continue to live-stream the 10am Mass on Sunday. That video can be viewed on the parish website or the parish Facebook page. Everyone who continues to stay home during this time is encouraged to join us.
- The dispensation from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass continues until further notice. Anyone who is concerned for their own health is encouraged to stay home. Anyone who is sick or showing any symptoms, such as sore throat, headaches, or a temperature at or above 100° F is not to enter the church for any reason.
- At no point, either before or after Mass, should there be any kind of gathering in the church or at the entrances. Conversations with other parishioners should be held outside, maintaining proper social distancing.
- Restrooms are available for use. After using the restroom, we ask everyone to use a disinfecting wipe to clean any surface that was touched. Wipes will be placed in the restrooms for this purpose.
- The cry room, because it is a confined space, will not be open for use during this time.
- There will only be two entrances unlocked: the main doors, along Market Street, and the side doors coming off the small parking lot behind the rectory. We ask that you do not go out any of the other doors, except in the case of an emergency. This will limit the places we need to monitor and clean.
- Hymnals have been removed from the pews and in their place, we will temporarily print programs each Sunday. Upon entering the church, you are invited to take one from the table they are on. After Mass, please do not put the program back or leave it in your pew. There will be recycling bins by the tables. Please put the programs in the recycling bin so that no one else will need to touch them.